Direct Care Provider - Inpatient / Part time
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a Part Time Direct Care Provider to join our Inpatient team located off of 7th ave and Buckeye Rd. Schedule is Friday 11p-7a, Saturday 7a-3p, Sunday 7a-3p, Monday-Tuesday 11p-7a. Challenging and rewarding position in our Inpatient Location providing behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in overcoming behavioral health crisis.
Schedule/Location: Schedule is Wednesday through Friday 3:00p – 11:00p Location is off of 7th ave and Buckeye Rd.
Working in an acute care setting, no two days are the same; you will be challenged with varied of patients overcoming behavioral health crisis. Enjoy making a difference in the lives of ones in your community. Have flexibility with schedule changes. Must be able to Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
About the Position
Provides assessments and crisis intervention. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients by connecting them with community resources. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. Develops treatment plans for clients in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or care coordinators according to SBH clinical standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Checks vitals as needed and collaborates with registered nurse on the unit
- Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit.
- Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities.
- Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport members
SB&H offers a competitive benefits package that includes 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! Sick time and 10 paid holidays. Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 40% company match and up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion! Help with reducing your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.