Direct Care Provider - Inpatient/ Part-Time
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Direct Care Provider to join our Inpatient facility! This position will give you the opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact in the lives of our members we serve.
In this position you will be supporting members in the Phoenix, Arizona community with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health. This position will report to the Program Director who will support you and your team’s success. The work schedule will be Saturday through Monday 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM with a focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
Are you new to Direct Care or have a few years of Direct Care experience? Maybe you are a new graduate with a Psychology degree and internship experience. If so, we want to speak to you!
Our Ideal Candidate will be passionate about behavioral health and would use the below to describe their work style:
- Flexible – No two days are the same!
- Caring – At SB&H we pride ourselves in offering services that go above and beyond.
- Organized – Timely and accurate documentation is the key to success in this position.
- Do you like to have fun? If you are a painter, we may offer art groups; if you are a hiker, we may take our members out on the many trails in our community. The sky is the limit as to what you can bring to the table to improve the lives of our members.
About the Position
The Direct Care Provider assists members to be participants in their chosen communities in the fullest manner possible. The principles and practice of recovery are emphasized, so individuals are able to bring new meaning and an enhanced quality of life into their daily experience. Together, integration and recovery offer consumers greater opportunities to lead satisfying and productive lives
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs direct service to consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Provide assessments and crisis intervention.
- Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities.
- May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed.
- Assist consumers with community integration.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.