Direct Care Provider - CRC Program
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Direct Care Providers who can help us fulfill our mission: “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.” If you like to help people and have a big heart for compassionate care, this job is for you! If you are getting started in your career in Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Health, or Health Care, we have great opportunities for learning and career advancement. Are you dedicated, enthusiastic, and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team!
NOW OFFERING A SIGN ON AND RETENTION BONUS OF $1500!!
Job Preview at a Glance
The Direct Care Provider is a unique and exciting position where no one day is the same! The Direct Care Provider delivers services in a group home or residential setting to members experiencing mental health issues. The Direct Care Provider supports members with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health to gain greater independence in the community. The Direct Care Provider delivers 1:1 or group services in a home setting, providing support in maintaining a safe living environment, assisting with self-administration of medications, coordinating with other providers, developing socialization opportunities, and increasing connections with the community. You will be part of a phenomenal team, working with leadership that will provide you with weekly 1:1 supervision, bi-weekly team meetings, and monthly clinical oversight. Each day is a unique experience! You could spend your morning helping members keep their living environment safe and healthy and your afternoon bowling or hiking. Or it is possible that you may take members to the library in the morning and spend your afternoon teaching symptom management skills to improve quality of life. Each site offers unique programming based on the skills and passions of our Direct Care Providers. If you are a painter, we may offer art groups; if you are a hiker, we may take our members out on the many trails in our community. The sky is the limit as to what you can bring to the table to improve the lives of our members!
Salary: Starting as high as $18/hour!
We have various schedules available including mornings, afternoon, and overnight shifts. Weekend availability may be required. Openings are available throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area including Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale, and Central/South Phoenix.
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SB&H clinical standards.
- Delivers services per the treatment plan.
- Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the consumer.
- Transports members as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- A related Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment!
- 10 paid holidays
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Our Core Values
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE