Dietary Services Program Coordinator
Dietary Services Program Coordinator
AZ-Phoenix - Community Resilience Center
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Dietary Services Program Coordinator for our Community Resilience Division. This is a full-time exempt position working Monday through Friday located in Central Phoenix. In this position you will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising kitchen staff located at our residential and community living programs throughout the Valley. In addition you will be purchasing all food, disposables, and supplies and ensuring dietary services and kitchen facilities are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner that are in compliance with the health department and all other stakeholder requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training and supervision of kitchen staff.
- Responsible for procurement of all kitchen supplies, food items, equipment, and chemicals from approved vendors including alternative food sources.
- Ensure meal preparation is in accordance with a planned menu for the division: including breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner 7 days per week.
- Develop, implement, and maintain recipe/policy manual for the kitchen staff.
- Research and implement new recipes and snacks for menu on a routine basis including special needs diets, special events, and activities.
- Interface with Nutritionist on menu planning changes and special needs.
- Will shop for program once a week and throughout the week as needed, per designated budget.
- Provide education classes and assist with consumer groups involving diet, nutrition and healthy eating lifestyles.
- Inspects storage areas on a monthly basis for proper temperatures, cleanliness, organization and rotation of products.
- Monitors staff compliance to all Federal and State regulations concerning blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Maintains and keeps accurate accounting records and receipts for all budgets and purchases.
- Works with vendors to obtain best prices and ensure order needs are met.
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma and two years' experience as an assistant facility cook.
- Associates degree or equivalent in food preparation will be considered.
- Two years of supervisory experience or experience in a Lead Chef position preferred.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight weeks of hire.
- Required to maintain certifications including CPR, First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Certified Food Service Manager and Food Handlers Card.