Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Direct Care Provider, this a Pool position for our Residential Program in Payson!
As a DCP, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards. Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available. Provide assessments and crisis intervention. Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner. Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so. Plans and organizes activities. May need to cover other shifts and be "on-call" as needed. Assist consumers with community integration. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: a43d00eb-c8e9-4d82-a3fc-8d4f03d74249