Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and over 40 years’ experience. SBH is known for high quality services, excellent staff training, opportunities for advancement, and competitive salaries. Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy!
We are currently seeking Direct Care Providers to join our Kingman Crisis Recovery Unit who are seeking flexible work schedules! This position would be working on an as needed basis at our 24-hour crisis unit in Kingman, Arizona. This is perfect for anyone who would like to earn an extra income, work part-time and have flexibility. This position requires working 12 hour shifts from either 7:00am - 7:00pm or 7:00pm - 7:00am. Weekly hours would vary and this position is not eligible for benefits.
The Crisis Unit provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided.
As a DCP, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in an inpatient setting. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Work with significant others and integrate them in the treatment plan where appropriate. Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit. Check vital signs as needed. Provide assessments of clients in crisis and assist in setting/reaching attainable goals. Assist in meal preparation as needed. Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities. Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning. Provide information to clients on behavioral health issues, and make appropriate referrals to SBH programs and/or other appropriate community agencies as needed. Coordinate client discharge with client’s treatment team, partnering with outside treatment teams where appropriate. Will assist in training interns, volunteers or new hires. Utilize verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques. Must participate and be able to physically apply restraint techniques to aggressive clients with team assistance. Must be able to withstand a high level of day-to-day stress in an acute care setting.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 0ae99091-5665-47f7-beae-188d84cd61ca