Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Crisis Interventionist who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. We are seeking someone who is organized, holds excellent communication skills and ability to solve problems. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Flagstaff team!
We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire. Eligible for $1,000 after your first 30 days and $500 eligible to be received after 6months.
Job Preview at a Glance:
In this position you will provide crisis intervention, screening, assessment, and treatment planning, to adults and/or children/adolescents. As an integral member of our interdisciplinary team you will develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, and programmatic goals, objectives, and activities. Your primary role will be to respond to the crisis needs in the community and clinic setting for immediate assessment and/or de-escalation.
Location & Schedule: This position is a Monday-Friday schedule its all in office position, reporting to our Flagstaff Outpatient Clinic.
Pay: Starting $50K
- Regular and ongoing assessments of individuals that present in crisis to the emergency room, clinical staff, law enforcement/first responders, and community or family members.
- Provides on call crisis coverage.
- Coordinate or provide transportation when needed in order to ensure that clients are safe and have access to necessary services.
- Works closely with other agencies in order to maintain knowledge and process for completion of involuntary commitments.
- Works closely with law enforcement, hospital staff, and first responders in order to educate the community.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available, as well as appropriate staff meetings.
- Documents client services provided according to the approved SB&H clinical standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Educates law enforcement, hospital staff, first responders, other providers, and stakeholders regarding SB&H services and services available as requested.
- Provides consultation and education to community agencies, schools, and neighborhood groups.
- Coordinates closely with case managers, clinicians, and medical in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist clinicians and case managers in providing therapy, clinical case management, and outreach for families and/or individuals Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families and their individual members.
- Conducts home visits as needed and case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
- Works with others professionals to plan, market and implement new programs.
- Required to be available weekend, evenings, nights and holidays as scheduled for all crisis assessment calls.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Bachelor's degree (related or non related) with 3 years of experience required or equivalency.
- Master's Degree (Psychology, Counseling or Social Work), plus one year of full-time behavioral health experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.