Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience
We are seeking a Crisis Interventionist to join our Bullhead City Outpatient Program!
This position requires to be on call one week out of month.
In this position you will provide crisis intervention, screening, assessment, and treatment planning, to adults and/or children/adolescents. As an integral member of our interdisciplinary team you will develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, and programmatic goals, objectives, and activities. Your primary role will be to respond to the crisis needs in the community and clinic setting for immediate assessment and/or de-escalation.
Other duties include:
- Regular and ongoing assessments of individuals that present in crisis to the emergency room, clinical staff, law enforcement/first responders, and community or family members.
- Provides on call crisis coverage.
- Coordinate or provide transportation when needed in order to ensure that clients are safe and have access to necessary services.
- Works closely with other agencies in order to maintain knowledge and process for completion of involuntary commitments.
- Works closely with law enforcement, hospital staff, and first responders in order to educate the community.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available, as well as appropriate staff meetings.
- Documents client services provided according to the approved SB&H clinical standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Educates law enforcement, hospital staff, first responders, other providers, and stakeholders regarding SB&H services and services available as requested.
- Provides consultation and education to community agencies, schools, and neighborhood groups.
- Coordinates closely with case managers, clinicians, and medical in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist clinicians and case managers in providing therapy, clinical case management, and outreach for families and/or individuals Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families and their individual members.
- Conducts home visits as needed and case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
- Works with others professionals to plan, market and implement new programs.
- Required to be available weekend, evenings, nights and holidays as scheduled for all crisis assessment calls.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience required.
- Master's Degree (Psychology, Counseling or Social Work), plus one year of full-time behavioral health experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE