Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Payson-Aero Outpatient Clinic (E, O, P)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Crisis Interventionist to join our Aero Outpatient Clinic located in Payson!
In this position you will provide crisis intervention, screening, assessment, and treatment planning, to adults and/or children/adolescents. As an integral member of our interdisciplinary team you will develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, and programmatic goals, objectives, and activities. Your primary role will be to respond to the crisis needs in the community and clinic setting for immediate assessment and/or de-escalation. Other duties include:
- Regular and ongoing assessments of individuals that present in crisis to the emergency room, clinical staff, law enforcement/first responders, and community or family members.
- Provide continuous 48 hour weekend crisis coverage.
- Coordinate or provide transportation when needed in order to ensure that clients are safe and have access to necessary services.
- Works closely with other agencies in order to maintain knowledge and process for completion of involuntary commitments.
- Works closely with law enforcement, hospital staff, and first responders in order to educate the community
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available, as well as appropriate staff meetings.
- Documents client services provided according to the approved SBH clinical standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Educates law enforcement, hospital staff, first responders, other providers, and stakeholders regarding SBH services and services available as requested. Provides consultation and education to community agencies, schools, and neighborhood groups.
- Coordinates closely with case managers, clinicians, and medical in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist clinicians and case managers in providing therapy, clinical case management, and outreach for families and/or individuals
- Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families and their individual members.
- Conducts home visits as needed and case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
- Works with others professionals to plan, market and implement new programs.
- Minimum qualifications consist of 21 years of age
- Master's Degree (Psychology, Counseling or Social Work), plus one year of full-time behavioral health experience
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
Job Reference #: 4622