Cook / Part - time
We are seeking a Part-Time Chef to join our Inpatient facility in West Phoenix (Cross streets are 35th Avenue & McDowell)! This is a full-time position working up to 29 hours per week. The schedule is Saturday & Sunday 7a-5pm, and some weekday availability
Pay Rate starting at $18.47
Enjoy working in a non-conventional environment serving our members in an Inpatient setting. Works independently and as a team to provide food services for the facility and larger division. Primary responsibility is to maintain on-site kitchen operations including but not limited to, inventory, proper storage, rotation, and waste management of food, small wares, and chemicals. Meal preparation and delivery to multiple site locations while utilizing ADHS recommended food safety practices. The Chef must be able to work independently and manage time, tasks, and resources as instructed by the Dietary Services Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains the kitchen according to all applicable licensure standards and health regulations
- Meal preparation is in accordance with a menu approved by a licensed dietitian.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen equipment, utensils, floors, and coolers.
- Interface with staff on special dietary needs of clients. All Doctor recommended diets will be prepared using the Diet Manual provided in each kitchen.
- Conduct weekly inventories of product to insure accurate ordering and avoid waste.
- Manages a reasonable food budget in the ordering process
- Will be involved in any discussions related to meals, kitchen or menu planning.
- Menus will be updated weekly and posted in the dining room with the corresponding date of the month/day/year.
- Daily meal preparation will consist of a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack with one portion being prepared for each client that will be on site at meal time. Weekend food will be prepared and packaged for reheating and service with clear instructions for staff.
- Food safety guidelines will be adhered to at all times including proper hand washing, temperature control, labeling, dating, and rotation, sanitation of equipment and utensils.
- All food storage areas will be kept clean and organized with all product six inches off of the floor and stored in sealed containers. Any potentially hazardous foods will be labeled with a discard date of no longer than seven days after opening or preparing.
- Appropriate chef uniform will consist of chef coat, black pants, and close toed non-slip shoes.
- Maintains professionalism and works as part of a team process.
- Provides education and training to consumers on site as clinically indicated.
- Works in conjunction with onsite staff and supervisors for best service delivery practices
- Provides basic skills training for clients that is limited to scope of expertise, documents training in clinical record, bills accordingly
- Prepares for all required inspections making sure all areas are up to code and maintained
- Will maintain all required certifications and training requirements.
- More specifically: CPR, First Aid, TB, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Will also maintain any required certifications for licensure such as: Certified Food Service Manager or any other items that are presented.
- Attends clinically based trainings as needed and required to work with population served
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires High School diploma and two years of experience as an assistant facility cook, or associates degree or equivalent diploma in food preparation.
- Food Handlers card required.
- Servsafe Certification highly preferred.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.