Community Outreach Navigator - Court Liaison
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently seeking a Community Outreach Navigator - Court Liaison to join our team! Position works independently, carries a caseload, and provides an appropriate level of service to the Justice System and individuals in planning treatment based alternatives to incarceration. Provides individual client contact and service provision, assessment, service planning, case management, crisis and behavioral health interventions/services, referral, and follow up. Position works as a partner to the system and partner to persons served to ensure success.
Demonstrate the ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment. Familiar with crisis de-escalation techniques. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to work independently and follow court/justice system policies and procedures. Proficient in computer skills, typing, and current electronic communication technologies. Ability to work as a team member with multi-disciplines Experience in working with the effects/impacts of Homelessness. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
About the Position
Job is a specialty position working with Justice Involved homeless persons who are in the Court Process. Works with the multiple disciplines and persons that make up the justice system and the justice system process. Provides all direct care services associated and is fluent in processes and available resources. Requires interface with the City of Phoenix, Justice System personnel, persons served, community partners, community resources, families, integrated service providers, SB&H staff, programs, and supervisors on a regular and daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in a Navigation Role providing Court Based Navigation Services for Justice involved persons who are homeless
- Works in cooperation as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the City of Phoenix, Police, Prosecutors, Court System, Judges, and Program Liaisons to make the intent of the contract successful with positive outcomes.
- Provides Direct Care; Assessment, Diagnosis, and Case Based Treatment Planning for persons served
- Provide screenings & eligibility assessments; to include implementation of early identification/qualification processes for eligible participants.
- Enrolls persons in benefits as needed to provide support and pay for services
- Works with the Prosecutors Office/ Judges to develop a case plan for alternatives to incarceration
- Arrives in court prepared as required with a working case plan
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and Behavioral Health interventions.
- Assesses for and provides Integrated Care based referrals and assistance to obtain healthcare,
- medications, medically necessary equipment.
- Provides jail visits to meet and prepare persons for court. as needed or assigned
- Reviews the expectations/offers for treatment/ gains agreement for treatment with persons
- Act as an Advocate in court for persons served
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or GED, some college plus at least one year directly related job experience.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must pass the Maricopa County clearance to enter to the court and jails and level 1 fingerprint clearance
SB&H offers a competitive benefits package that includes 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! Sick time and 10 paid holidays. Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 40% company match and up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion! Help with reducing your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.