Community Health Worker/Promotora
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
Community Health Worker/Promotora
AZ-Phoenix-Broadway School-Based CYDP
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Promotora/Community Health Worker to join our Prevention Program! This position is located at our Broadway Outpatient office and you will need to go out to schools and other community locations. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required.
In this position, you will provides substance abuse and prevention information and community education in a format that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to adults across Maricopa County. You will assist in coalition efforts and other department programs and provide group, classroom, and community presentations/sessions on a variety of prevention related topics. In addition, you will educate school and local communities on the function and importance of prevention services.
- Deliver substance abuse prevention education and information to parents, adults and community members in Maricopa County
- Implement recruitment and outreach strategies to increase program participation
- Attend community events as prescribed by the Project Coordinator and Program Director
- Completion of the Promotora Train-the-Trainer Model
- Assist volunteer Promotoras with identifying, scheduling, and delivery of substance abuse community education presentations.
- Attend collaborative team and coalition meetings as needed
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of prevention services
- Implement activities and action steps in accordance with the goals and objectives in the Strategic Plan/Action Plan & Logic Model of Prevention
- Prepare and make available substance abuse prevention and resource information materials
- Order supplies and create inventory of program materials
- Transport program participants to and from group meetings and other services, as needed
- Assist with collection of data materials and surveys
- Maintain program social media presence
- Attend out of town/state trainings related to job duties and needs of grant deliverables.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma plus a minimum of one (1) year of job related experience or AA degree in educational, behavioral science, or related field plus a minimum of one year of job related experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently required.
- Experience with community development and capacity building in the context of substance abuse prevention.
- Ability to be sensitivity to diverse cultural, ethnic, and economically challenged population.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
Job Reference #: 4863