Community Behavioral Health Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is looking for self-motivated Community Behavioral Health Specialist for our In-home program! This position is M-F with flexibility needed. Depending on members request you can offer telehealth or home visit. There is a combination of in home and working remotely as well as going into the office as needed. This position offers a voluntary on call with incentive.
Salary: starts at $16 per hour. We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess a variety of skills to successfully perform their duties.
The Community Behavioral Health Specialist must be able to drive a company vehicle to transport clients and also be willing to drive their own vehicle. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards. Provide assessments and crisis intervention.
- Attention to detail
- Be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener
About the Position
This program works in the community as a fully mobile team, flexible hours available as members of the team are available 24 hours per day. Position would include help with housing and neighborhood issues working integrative case with community-based medical staff, support for vocational rehabilitation assistance in finding non-service based community support systems, and work performed from a "well-care" model that promotes resilience. Community Behavioral Health Specialist will work at client's home independently with less supervision and needs to reach out to the assigned caseload. All Community Behavioral Health Specialist are required to meet 62% - 65% productivity each month.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works towards the primary goal of helping persons served maintain their housing in the community through any provision of services as defined by the need and situation.
- Performs direct services for supported housing consumers including but not limited to individual counseling, group counseling, life skills training, behavior management, transportation, case management, and/or crisis intervention.
- Provides integrative coordination of care through multidisciplinary community providers in consideration of holistic, physical and behavioral health care needs.
- Develops and maintains recovery partnerships and working rapport with persons served.
- Provides services as a member of a community outreach based trans-disciplinary team.
- Assists persons with Land Lord Tenant issues as needed to include understanding the lease, relevant rules, and legal rights as a tenant.
- Must be able to work both independently across multiple sites and varied client needs, and as an integral part of a trans-disciplinary team
- Initiates and maintains clinical records at a proficiency of 85% or greater.
- Bills for services provided according to medical necessity based on the assessment and service plan.
- Initiates partnerships with Landlords and researches housing opportunities to meet the need of the person served.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19906fd3-410c-4c1e-b459-787259a984fb