Community Behavioral Health Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
When you join the team at SB&H, you’ll immediately feel valued. New employees receive two weeks of orientation on site, and online training. We also provide various training throughout your employment with us. We support our employees and provide them all the resources they need to succeed on and off the job. We believe you succeed when you’re at your best! That’s why we have designed a unique compensation package that is focused on YOU:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 6 months with increased vacation accruals after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
- Performance Incentives
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are currently looking for self-motivated Community Behavioral Health Specialist for our In-home program!
This program works in the community as a fully mobile team, flexible hours available as members of the team are available 24 hours per day. Position would include help with housing and neighborhood issues working integrative case with community-based medical staff, support for vocational rehabilitation assistance in finding non-service based community support systems, and work performed from a "well-care" model that promotes resilience. Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT will work at client's home independently with less supervision and needs to reach out to the assigned caseload. All Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT are required to meet 62% - 65% productivity each month. The Community Behavioral Health Specialist must be able to drive a company vehicle to transport clients and also be willing to drive their own vehicle.
As a Community Behavioral Health Specialist/BHT, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential and/or an inpatient crisis environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards. Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available. Provide assessments and crisis intervention. Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner. Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so. Plans and organizes activities. May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed. Assist consumers with community integration. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE