Community Behavioral Health Specialist - Peer Support Certified
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a self-motivated Peer Certified Community Behavioral Health Specialist to join our In-Home program. In this position you will provide community-based supportive services for vulnerable adults. The program also has been partnering with our Criminal Justice Engagement Team! This position is M-F with flexibility needed. Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. There is a combination of in home and working remotely as well as going into the office as needed. This position offers a voluntary on call with incentive. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of members providing permanent supportive housing services. By helping members find or maintain their housing in the community, you are stabilizing and preventing chronic homelessness; no two days are the same. You will be a specialized professional offering ongoing assessment, care coordination and prompt intervention.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess a variety of skills to successfully perform their duties.
The Peer Certified Community Behavioral Health Specialist must be able to drive a company vehicle to transport clients and also be willing to drive their own vehicle. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards. Provide assessments and crisis intervention.
- Self- Motivated with ability to assess situations, initiate, and follow through on tasks
- An ability to communicate well in writing, verbally, and through electronic systems.
- A professional working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with an electronic medical records system.
- Ability to perform duties in the community with minimal supervision and oversight.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working with vulnerable adults of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic status, and varied degree of disability.
About the Position
Responsible for providing community based supportive services and peer engagement; Specialized perspective and guidance for vulnerable adults across a variety of programs, services systems, and fidelity models. Program duties include; Work in the community and in-home as a member of an intensive 24 hour supportive services team, Team Members provide case triage and case management, treatment, ongoing assessment, clinical and practical skill work, rapport building, coordination of care and prompt intervention. Each team member works within a transdisciplinary model to cover scattered site locations; works within a framework of interdepartmental collaboration coordinating between SBH sites and services; Works with various fund sources and community providers to collaborate care and shared duties. The team is responsible for performance outcomes and a high degree of proficiencies in the care provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works towards the primary goal of helping persons served maintain their housing in the community through any provision of services as defined by the need and situation.
- Performs direct services for supported housing consumers including but not limited to individual counseling, group counseling, life skills training, behavior management, transportation, case management, and/or crisis intervention.
- Understands and applies Housing Based Case Management principles and relevant SAMHSA Models
- Provide crisis assessments and crisis intervention as a member of a team and independently of external services where possible.
- Develops and maintains recovery partnerships and working rapport with persons served.
- Provides services as a member of a community outreach based trans-disciplinary team.
- Assists persons with Land Lord Tenant issues as needed to include understanding the lease, relevant rules, and legal rights as a tenant.
- Must be able to work both independently across multiple sites and varied client needs, and as an integral part of a trans-disciplinary team
- Initiates and maintains clinical records at a proficiency of 85% or greater.
- Bills for services provided according to medical necessity based on the assessment and service plan.
- Initiates partnerships with Landlords and researches housing opportunities to meet the need of the person served.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Associate’s degree or three years of full-time behavioral health experience. OR
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred.
- Must Be Peer Certified or have ability to become Peer Certified within 3 months of employment.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.