Community Behavioral Health Specialist - Peer Support Certified
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and empathetic Community Behavioral Health Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and empathetic? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years!
We are currently looking for a Peer Certified Community Behavioral Health Specialist to join our In-Home program that provides community-based supportive services for vulnerable adults. The program also has been partnering with our Criminal Justice Engagement Team.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment; this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients providing permanent supportive housing services. By helping clients find or maintain their housing in the community, you are stabilizing and preventing chronic homelessness; no two days are the same. You will be a specialized professional offering ongoing assessment, care coordination and prompt intervention.
- Performs direct services for supported housing consumers including but not limited to individual counseling, group counseling, life skills training, behavior management, transportation, case management, and/or crisis intervention.
- Develops and maintains recovery partnerships and working rapport with persons served.
- Documents services provided according to SBH and fund source standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Works to ensure ample support, progress, and stability over time in order to maintain housing and independent living status.
- Provides crisis assessments and crisis intervention as a member of a team and independently of external services where possible.
- Meets with persons served in their natural setting, community, and/or office as needed.
- Assists persons with securing and selecting housing.
- Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting
- Peer Support Certificate is required
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
- An Associate’s degree and 1 year of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus 6 months of relevant experience in behavioral health
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE