Clinician II - In Home
Clinician II - In Home
AZ-Phoenix - Erickson Foundation Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Clinician II to join our Erickson Outpatient Clinic! This is an in-home position working with children and adults. There The hours of operation is Monday through Thursday 8 AM to 7 PM, and Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Working as a Clinician II, you will provide timely, evidenced-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults, children, and adolescents. Services will include intakes, assessments, treatment planning, psychiatric support, and group interventions. All services will be guided by the Jason K Principles and delivered according to guidelines set forth by the RBHA and ADHS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements treatment plans, assessment criteria, and programmatic goals, objectives, and activities.
- Provides intake and psychosocial assessments of families and/or their individual members.
- Conducts home visits as needed and case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Provides therapy and/or clinical case management for full caseload of families and/or individual members.
- Engages in solution-focused, strength-based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention coverage based upon the needs of the clinic. This may include coverage during normal working hours, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Coordinates closely with case managers and staff from other providers and/or outside entities.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers for the best interest of the consumer.
- Consults with clinical staff and other community human service professionals.
- Develops and maintains treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with team members
- Documents consumer services provided according to the approved clinical standards, rules, regulations, and site procedures.
- Monitors caseload for authorizations/re-authorizations as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of consumer contacts, services/treatment plans, treatment status, progress, and services delivery barriers.
- Maintains a full caseload and the required number of client contact hours per week.
- Maintain the expected level of productivity.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
- Master's Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) plus one (1) years of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Licensed or license eligible required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, quality internal and external customer service skills to effectively dialogue with all contract and funding sources
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Staff meetings and individual supervision meetings are required.