Clinical Records Tech
Clinical Records Tech
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
Work independently as a member of our Medical Records Team! We are currently seeking a Clinical Records Technician with medical or clinical records management experience including requests for records release. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Maintains accurate clinical records in both electronic and hard file formats to include sorting, data entry scanning and filing.
- Performs general clerical review of closed clinical records.
- Assists to determine closure status
- Utilizes internal clinical records tracking database.
- Identifies charts for closure process.
- Purges, stores, closes and prepares charts for closure as directed by supervisor in accordance with State, Federal, contractual and organizational regulations.
- Responds to all requests to release medical record information from inside and outside requestors including but not limited to health care providers, clients, attorneys and subpoenas.
- This position will be responsible to cover the front desk for two 15 minutes breaks (morning and afternoon).
High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years progressive administrative experience within a clinical environment preferred; ability to organize own workflow with particular skill in handling details during complex chart review; knowledge of electronic spreadsheets to produce report; ability to perform data entry, operate technical equipment (i.e. scanning equipment); ability to apply in-depth knowledge of medical record guidelines to determine course of action.
Knowledge of general clerical duties such as filing, typing, medical records science preferred but not required.
Job Reference #: 4051