Chief People Officer
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Chief People Officer to join our People Experience Department! This position will give you the opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact in the lives of our employees and the members we serve.
This is a Hybrid position working both from home and at our Administration Building located in Phoenix, Arizona. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday during business hours.
About the Position
In collaboration with our Chief Executive Officer, you will plan, organize and direct the activities and staff of the People Experience Department. This includes developing and implementing recruitment and selection strategy, implementing compensation strategy, implementing employee benefit strategy, enhancing employee relations initiatives and equal employment law compliance. The Chief People Officer functions as an advisor to the Executive Team on relevant Human Resource trends, leadership development and training, talent scouting, organizational culture and employee performance metrics/evaluation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes full management responsibility for all functions and activities of the People Experience Department.
- Manages the development and implementation of the People Experience department, goals, objectives, policies and priorities for each function.
- In collaboration with Executive Staff establishes appropriate service and staffing levels that are in line with our budget; monitor and analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of policies and procedures; allocate resources accordingly.
- Assumes responsibility of labor and employee relations matters.
- Within the People Experience department and in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team develops and implements new employee recruiting, hiring and retention strategies.
- Manages department programs, policies, and activities; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
- Represents the People Experience department to other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
- Participates on a variety of boards and committees; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of People Experience management.
- Responds to, and resolves sensitive People Experience management issues.
- Provides accurate information to difficult Human Resource questions from federal, state agencies, senior management and department heads.
- Collaborates with management team to implement the company’s vision and mission that includes but is not limited to leadership training and coaching as it relates to the vision of the employee experience.
- Builds, analyzes and shares People Experience analytics across all departments to influence the organizations recruitment, selection and retention efforts.
- Acts as the system owner of the Human Capital Management System in partnership with key stakeholders including but not limited to the departments of Information Technology, Finance, Payroll.
- Leads our ‘first impression’ initiatives that includes the candidate/employee experience starting at the ‘offer’ to start date and thereafter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field required
- 8 years of progressive experience required that includes senior level management, experience on a leadership team that includes Executive Team exposure and supervisory experience within the Human Resources department for a large company with 500 employees
- SHRM (SCP or CP), PHR or CPHR Certification required
MBA/MA in Business, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or related field preferred
- 5 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after continued service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. The Human Resources Department at SB&H has the unique opportunity to do the work we love while supporting amazing employees doing valuable and life changing work.
To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.