AZ - Phoenix - Toby 1
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Join our team as Chef at our Toby I residential facility and contribute to the overall recovery of our consumers. Schedule will be Monday 6 AM to 2 PM, Tuesday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM. The schedule is tentative and may change based on the coverage and the needs of the sites being served.
This position will provide meals in accordance with a planned menu which you help create. Prepare nutritious food which includes menus for special needs residents. Maintain a kitchen environment that is clean, safe orderly.
As a SBH Chef your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner based on a planned menu. This may include multiple sites for service.
- Preparing lunch for outpatient program for service at a later time.
- Basic kitchen maintenance including: Proper dating, organization, and rotation of food product. Cleaning and organization of counters, shelves, and storage space. Inventory of food product for weekly ordering.
- Labeling of food product for later prep and service.
- Requires a high school diploma and two years of experience as a health care facility chef. Culinary degree or equivalent diploma in food preparation.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Must have knowledge of the population served. Experience and knowledge of meal preparation, menu planning, inventory, ordering, portion control, and kitchen maintenance.
- Knowledge of food safety and storage safety also essential.
- Current Food Handlers card and ServSafe Certification preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4353