AZ - Kingman - Kingman Crisis Unit
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join our team as Chef at our Kingman Crisis Unit and contribute to the overall recovery of our consumers. This is a full-time position.
This position will provide meals in accordance with a planned menu which you help create. Prepare nutritious food which includes menus for our behvioral health residents. Maintain a kitchen environment that is clean, safe orderly.
As a SBH Chef your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner based on a planned menu.
- Basic kitchen maintenance including: Proper dating, organization, and rotation of food product. Cleaning and organization of counters, shelves, and storage space. Inventory of food product for weekly ordering.
- Labeling of food product for later prep and service.
- Requires a high school diploma associate level Culinary degree or equivalent diploma in food preparation.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of the population served. Experience and knowledge of meal preparation, menu planning, inventory, ordering, portion control, and kitchen maintenance.
- Knowledge of food safety and storage safety also essential.
- Current Food Handlers card required and Servsafe Certification preferred.
- Food Manager Certification will need to be completed upon being hired.