Case Manager - SMI
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are looking for a SMI Case Manager to join our Buckeye Outpatient Clinic! This is a position working 40 hours per week.
Job Preview at a Glance:
Provides direct services in the home, community or office. Interventions may be 1:1 or group based. Performs crisis stabilization functions. Assists member/ parent/guardian in resourcing with the community. Conducts assessments and completes necessary paperwork. Serves as central support for members. Performs case management functions as needed. These functions may include behavior coaching, member medication monitoring, clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency.
- Provide comprehensive support through in-home and/or community-based intervention to adult individuals designated with a Serious Mental Illness.
- Assesses members in accordance with established policies and procedures and clinical protocols.
- Develops service plans for members based on assessment and diagnostic process.
- Coordinates member care or reports on interventions by meeting with member’s care team to review efficacy of interventions and to revise plans of service for members.
- Develops and maintains appropriate level of relationships with members and formal/informal support systems.
- Provides support and information, education or guidance to members and support system members concerning issues of treatment planning, advocacy, and medication management.
- Monitors mental status of members and response to treatment plans through face-to-face contact, and updates treatment plans as needed.
- Notifies direct supervisor of actual or potential challenges with members; i.e., decompensation, significant health concern and crisis.
- Provides face-to-face and telephone crisis intervention.
- Completes safe/support plans with members.
- Conducts groups as needed.
- Transitions member to appropriate level of care upon conclusion of treatment.
- Provides information to members and family members concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists members and families in securing appointments with support services and agencies, as needed.
- Arranges for transportation for members and family members for community services as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with members, treatment progress and services received/provided.
- Close coordination with the PCP and/or Health Plan will be maintained for all populations when applicable.
- Will be required to travel to conduct home visits and attend client appointments and meetings in the community.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a Bachelor’s degree with one year of full-time behavioral health experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to healthcare totaling five years is acceptable
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- Possess and maintain a valid Arizona’s driver’s license and have use of personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Minimum of 2 years SMI PNO/IHH experience preferred
SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. Additionally, we want to will help staff save for retirement, we offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment. We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE