Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and empathetic Care Coordinator who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. We are seeking someone who enjoys coordinating with people, ability solve problems, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Lake Havasu City team!
We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire. Eligible for $1,000 after your first 30 days and $500 eligible to be received after 6months.
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Care Coordinator performs crisis stabilization functions. Assists consumer and/or guardian in accessing resources with the community. Completes necessary paperwork for referrals, coordination, admission, discharge, and out of home placements. Serves as central support for the clinical team. Performs care coordination functions. These functions include clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency, monitoring compliance with court ordered treatment rules and regulations, and authorizations for residential or out of home placements. This position reports to a Program Director.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a Monday- Friday schedule, flexibility to work during clinic operating hours, reporting to our Lake Havasu City Outpatient Clinic.
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Reviews documents received and requests required documents to appropriate level of care for members.
- Evaluates eligibility information regarding services and benefit package.
- Develops service plans with consumers based on assessment and diagnostic process.
- Maintain contact with utilization manager and out of home placement in order to ensure continued stay documentation, documentation of contact and coordination occurs as required and to ensure medical necessary services are received by members.
- Coordinates consumer care or reports on interventions by meeting with consumer’s care team to review efficacy of interventions and to revise plans of service with consumers.
- Monitors mental status of consumers and response to treatment plans through face-to-face contact, and updates treatment plans as needed.
- Provides face-to-face crisis intervention. Completes safety plans and conducts groups as needed.
- Transitions consumer to appropriate level of care upon conclusion of treatment.
- Provides information to consumers and family members or guardians concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers, families or guardians in securing appointments with support services and agencies, as needed. Arranges for transportation for consumers for community services and/or medical appointments as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with consumers, treatment progress and services received/provided.
- Close coordination with the PCP health plan, stakeholders, and funding source will be maintained for all consumers.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 22-year age.
- A combination of experience and education totaling 3 years is acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of full-time behavioral health experience
- Valid AZ driver’s license & motor vehicle clearance.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c01950fa-4bfb-4718-8b34-dedab6f72888