Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
About the Position:
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is looking for a Care Coordinator within our Prevention team in Central Phoenix! In this position you will connect with the veteran population, learn their stories, and help them improve their quality of life.
Job Preview at a Glance:
Staff member will work directly with the veteran population conducting direct street outreach, facilitating intakes for new members, and providing connections to relevant services including mental health and/or substance use disorder. This individual will serve as central support for the clinical team performing care coordination functions. These functions include clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency, and authorizations for residential or out of home placements. . The roles will be mostly in office.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviews documents received and requests required documents to appropriate level of care for members.
- Assesses consumers in accordance with established policies and procedures and clinical protocols.
- Develops service plans with consumers based on assessment and diagnostic process.
- Coordinates consumer care or reports on interventions by meeting with CFT and ART to review efficacy of interventions and to revise plans of service with consumers.
- Develops and maintains appropriate level of relationships with consumers and formal/informal support systems.
- Provides support and information, education or guidance to consumers and support system members concerning issues of treatment planning, advocacy, and medication management.
- Monitors mental status of consumers and response to treatment plans through face-to-face contact, and updates treatment plans as needed.
- Works collaboratively with treatment team and all external members of consumer’s services.
- Provides face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Completes safety plans with consumers.
- Conducts groups as needed.
- Transitions consumer to appropriate level of care upon conclusion of treatment.
- Provides information to consumers and family members or guardians concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers, families or guardians in securing appointments with support services and agencies, as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with consumers, treatment progress and services received/provided.
- Close coordination with the PCP health plan, stakeholders, and funding source will be maintained for all consumers.
- Attends weekly clinical staffing’s and all staff meetings.
- Coordinates hospital discharges by scheduling follow up appointments and ensures proper communication is kept between inpatient and outpatient teams.
- Enrolls members through the intake process where assessment, service plan, safety/support plan is completed.
- Completes outreach for members who miss an appointment and follows up with re-engagement process.
- Completes chart closures.
- Maintains quality and compliance in consumer’s charts.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A Bachelor’s degree with one year of full-time behavioral health experience. A combination of experience and education totaling 5 years is acceptable.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Preferred military affiliation
What’s in it for You?
- 3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance, dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. When you join the Prevention Team you will have the unique opportunity to do valuable and life changing work while supporting amazing members of the community.
To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.