Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is one of Arizona’s oldest and largest non-profit, community-based providers of behavioral health services. We offer an array of programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. SB&H is a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Care Coordinator is an exciting position where no one day is the same! This staff member delivers solution-focused and strength-based services to a caseload of members receiving mental health and/or substance abuse services. The Care Coordinator is a central support of the clinical team providing for referrals, coordination, admission, discharge, and out of home placements
Location and Schedule:
The role is at the Metro OP Clinic in North-Central Phoenix off the i17 and Peoria Rd. Staff provide services Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. This position does not work weekends, evenings or holidays.
The Care Coordinator starts at $20/hour. Compensation could potentially increase based upon experience and education. After 30 days of their employment, the staff will be eligible for a $1,000 sign-on incentive. After 6 months of their employment, the new employee will be eligible for an additional $500 retention incentive.
The Care Coordinator reports to a Licensed Clinical Program Director and Coordinator, and also have expert Leads for additional mentorship. Staff are a part of a supportive interdisciplinary team which meets bi-weekly. This position is invited to an array of on-going, in-house education opportunities regarding cultural competency and modality building skills. Additionally, staff can receive tuition and certification reimbursement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops service plans based on assessment and diagnostic process.
- Provides support to members concerning treatment planning, advocacy, and medication management.
- Coordinates care by meeting with CFT and ART to review efficacy of interventions.
- Assists transitioning members to appropriate level of care.
- Provides face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Completes safety plans.
- Maintains accurate documentation regarding members.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelors degree in related behavioral health program
- 1 year of full-time behavioral health experience preferred
- Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. Additionally, we want to will help staff save for retirement, we offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment. We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE