Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Flagstaff-Flagstaff Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Care Coordinator at our Flagstaff Outpatient Clinic. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
The Care Coordinator performs crisis stabilization functions. Assists consumer and/or guardian in accessing resources with the community. Completes necessary paperwork for referrals, coordination, admission, discharge, and out of home placements. Serves as central support for the clinical team. Performs care coordination functions. These functions include clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency, monitoring compliance with court ordered treatment rules and regulations, and authorizations for residential or out of home placements.
- Reviews documents received and requests required documents to appropriate level of care for members.
- Evaluates eligibility information regarding services and benefit package.
- Assesses consumers in accordance with established policies and procedures and clinical protocols.
- Develops service plans with consumers based on assessment and diagnostic process.
- Maintain contact with utilization manager and out of home placement in order to ensure continued stay documentation, documentation of contact and coordination occurs as required and to ensure medical necessary services are received by members. Obtains prior authorizations from T/RBHAs when necessary.
- Coordinates consumer care or reports on interventions by meeting with consumer’s care team to review efficacy of interventions and to revise plans of service with consumers.
- Provides support and information, education or guidance to consumers and support system members concerning issues of treatment planning, advocacy, and medication management.
- Monitors mental status of consumers and response to treatment plans through face-to-face contact, and updates treatment plans as needed.
- Works collaboratively with treatment team and all external members of consumer’s services.
- Provides face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Completes safety plans with consumers.
- Conducts groups as needed.
- Transitions consumer to appropriate level of care upon conclusion of treatment.
- Provides information to consumers and family members or guardians concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers, families or guardians in securing appointments with support services and agencies, as needed.
- Arranges for transportation for consumers for community services and/or medical appointments as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with consumers, treatment progress and services received/provided.
- Close coordination with the PCP health plan, stakeholders, and funding source will be maintained for all consumers.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of full-time behavioral health experience
- A combination of experience and education totaling 5 years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver’s license & motor vehicle clearance.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.