Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Looking for a Billing Specialist to join our Client Financial Department!
Billing Specialist -Responsible for accurate and timely billing of electronic and hardcopy Behavioral Health claims. Creates and submits a large volume of electronic HCFA claims via the 5010 837p formats. Creates and submits electronic copy UB04 claims for SBH Level I services. Responsible for creating reports from SBH systems to identify billed/denied/paid services and work to completion. Ensures 95% of claims are billed within 2 months. Resolves issues with unpaid claims to ensure 90% of claims are in a paid status within 5 months. Excellent customer service skills required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Submits timely and accurate electronic and/or hardcopy behavioral health claims. (New, Resubmit, and Adjustments)
- Identifies, researches, and resolves unbilled encounters and escalates issues to Manager as needed to ensure 95% of claims are billed within 2 months.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves denied encounters within 6 months of service date.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves unbilled FFS claims and escalates issues to Manager as needed to ensure 95% of claims are billed within 2 months.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves denied FFS claims within 6 months of service date.
- Creates reports of billed/paid/not-billed etc. for bi-weekly review with Billing Manager.
- Keeps Manager informed of bi-weekly production of claims and problems interfering with successful claims submission.
- Responsible for thorough understanding of SBH, RBHA, and other payer billing requirements and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of claims billing.
- Assists in maintaining claim billing process and procedure manuals.
- Utilizes Manager and the CFS team to discuss, enhance, and resolve issues.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years medical billing experience, which includes at least 1 year of electronic, claims submission required.
- Experience with a variety of contractual reimbursement arrangements.
- Medical and Billing Certification preferred.