Behavioral Health Technician
AZ - Phoenix - Star
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Our Community Resilience Centers are located in Central Phoenix. With over 10 residential sites in this specific program, Southwest Behavioral Health Services is able to provide comprehensive and cutting edge behavioral health interventions in a community-based residential setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral issues and gaining greater community independence. Services are designed to build upon an individual's strengths and providing community support while minimizing escalation of behaviors that may lead to more restrictive treatment settings and prevent reoccurrence of symptoms. treatment frequency, modality and length of stay varies by individual needs and preferences. Skills training, homeless support, counseling and assistance with medication administration are among the services provided.
The Star residential work site located near Central Ave and McDowell Rd provides 24 hour supervision for ten SMI consumers in a community based setting.
We are seeking an experienced Behavioral Health Technician with a consumer-focused and directed approach to their profession.
Our current shift availability is Friday through Tuesday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
We are currently looking for Behavioral Health Technicians for our Harvard Residential Program located in East Phoenix.
Harvard provides behavioral health interventions in a community-based residential setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral health issues and gaining greater community independence. Harvard is a FlexCarePlus 14 hour, non-secured residential facility with 14 beds.
The current schedule is Wednesday through Saturday 2 PM to 10 PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential and/or an inpatient crisis environment.
- Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
- Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities. May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed.
- Assist consumers with community integration.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 21-years of age.
- Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR a bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling four years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups. Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred as well as Substance Abuse Experience.