Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Phoenix-Desert Cove (R)
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Our Community Resilience Centers are located in Central Phoenix. With over 10 residential sites in this specific program, Southwest Behavioral Health Services is able to provide comprehensive and cutting edge behavioral health interventions in a community-based residential setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral issues and gaining greater community independence. Services are designed to build upon an individual's strengths and providing community support while minimizing escalation of behaviors that may lead to more restrictive treatment settings and prevent reoccurrence of symptoms. treatment frequency, modality and length of stay varies by individual needs and preferences. Skills training, homeless support, counseling and assistance with medication administration are among the services provided.
The Desert Cove site is located between 19th Ave and 15th Ave provides 24 hour supervision for 15 SMI consumers in a community setting.
We are seeking an experienced Behavioral Health Technician with a consumer-focused and directed approach to their profession.
Our current shift availability is Sunday through Thursday 7 AM to 3 PM
- 21-years of age,
- An Associate’s degree and three years of full-time behavioral health experience. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling four years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same.
- Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups. Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply to this and other position openings listed on our website at www.sbhsservices.org.