Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP) for our Payson Round Valley Residential Site.
This is a full time 40 hour a week position.
As a BHPP, you'll provide life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to our consumers in a residential and/or an inpatient crisis environment. Plans and organizes activities.
- Behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same.
- Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed. Assist consumers with community integration
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 21 years of age
- High School Diploma and 6 weeks of full-time behavioral health experience. College level course work and/or an associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling, and/or Psychology preferred.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking