Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Benefits Specialist to join our HR Department! This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for benefits administration, claims resolution, new employee orientation, records management and benefits payments/enrollments. Performs a variety of complex administrative functions in a Human Resource office. Provides information and assistance to internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist managers and employees with inquires on plan provisions, benefits enrollment, QLEs, status changes and other benefit inquires.
- Administers employee benefits and new employee enrollment procedures.
- Ensures new staff complete timely enrollment of benefits through online enrollment software.
- Plans, prepares and facilitates new employee orientation (NEO).
- H.S.A. enrollments.
- Updates benefit data and approves benefit election summaries.
- Ensures compliance with COBRA regulations and liaison with 3rd party COBRA administrator
- Develops techniques and procedures with the administration of benefits in accordance with company policies, governmental laws and sound management principles regarding benefits.
- Processes requests from staff, insurance brokers, medical institutions, etc. within 24 hours.
- Verifies the accuracy of information received and resolves discrepancies.
- Performs quality checks for accuracy of benefit-related data.
- Completes data entry and administers 403b enrollments and changes.
- Back up benefit reconciliation.
- Assist with annual enrollment and eligibility review.
- Responds to in-person inquiries and provides general assistance.
- Generates correspondence to staff, management, insurance brokers/carriers, etc.
- Compiles information and data for statistical reports for compliance, audits or renewals.
- Assist with annual compliance reporting and provides support for audits as needed.
- Works closely with supervisor to identify staff and program needs.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- Requires one to two years of direct experience in benefits and LOA Administration.
- Requires the ability to work with various computer programs, excel spreadsheets, data processing and data entry.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to HR, i.e. ERISA, EEO/AA, COBRA, FLSA, Worker’s Comp, FMLA, Unemployment, etc.