Behavioral Health Technician
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Behavioral Health Technician who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Community Transition Program (CTP) team located in South Phoenix! CTP is a Level III Residential Facility that provides behavioral health interventions in a community-based residential setting which provides 14 beds with a 24-month optimal length of stay. The CTP program provides treatment to reduce symptoms of behavioral issues and improve quality of life and ability to function in the consumers daily activities. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
• What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
• We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
• Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
• We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
• Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients teaching them pre-vocational skills and life skills. Leading both one-on-one and small group learning; no two days are the same. You will be a life coach helping our valued clients with nutritional meal planning, self-care, relaxation techniques, art and community outings.
• Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
• Develops treatment plans for clients in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
• Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
• Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
• Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
• Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the client.
• Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
• Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
• To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
• Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
• A High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting
• Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
• Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
• A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health
• Completion of a Bachelor’ degree in the behavioral health field plus 120 hours of externship hours at a SB&H facility is acceptable.