Behavioral Health Technician (Payson)
Behavioral Health Technician
Behavioral Health Technician (Payson)
AZ-Payson-Round Valley Residential (R
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for a full time Behavioral Health Technician for our Round Valley Residential!
Work schedule will vary.
As a BHT , you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential and/or an inpatient crisis environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards. Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available. Provide assessments and crisis intervention. Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner. Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so. Plans and organizes activities. May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on-call” as needed. Assist consumers with community integration. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, an Associate’s degree and two years of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same.
- Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups. Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred