Behavioral Health Technician: Overnight Shift!
Behavioral Health Technician
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Behavioral Health Technicians who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Southwest Autism Center of Excellence team!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
• What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
• We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
• Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion! • We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
• Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Exciting and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients teaching them pre-vocational skills and life skills. Leading both one-on-one and small group learning; no two days are the same. You will be an ABA coach helping our valued clients with nutritional meal planning, self-care, independent living skills, vocational skills, social skills 0and community outings.
• Implementing interventions from treatment plans written by a BCBA.
• Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
• Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
• Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
• Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the client.
• Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
• To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
• Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
• A High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting
• Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
• Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SB&H guidelines.
• Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements). Preferred:
• An Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
• A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health
• Completion of a Bachelor’ degree in the behavioral health field plus 120 hours of externship hours at a SB&H facility is acceptable.