Behavioral Health Technician - Inpatient
Join Southwest Behavioral Health Services – The Leading Behavioral Health System in Arizona. With over 40 years serving our patients all over Arizona, we strive each day to inspire people to feel better and lead fuller lives. Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is one of Arizona’s fastest growing organizations, and we’re looking to fill BHT II positions with hard working and motivated individuals.
We are currently looking for a Behavioral Health Technician II to join our Recovery Transition Program! The Recovery Transition Program provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. The Current Open Schedule is: Thursday-Monday 3pm -11pm
As a BHT II, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Work with significant others and integrate them in the treatment plan where appropriate. Supervise and monitor clients while in the Recovery Transition Program. Check vital signs as needed. Provide assessments of clients in crisis and assist in setting/reaching attainable goals. Assist in meal preparation as needed. Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities. Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning. Provide information to clients on behavioral health issues, and make appropriate referrals to SBH programs and/or other appropriate community agencies as needed. Coordinate client discharge with the Utilization Review team and client’s treatment team, partnering with outside treatment teams where appropriate. Will assist in training interns, volunteers or new hires. Utilize verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques. Must participate and be able to physically apply restraint techniques to aggressive clients with team assistance. Must be able to withstand a high level of day-to-day stress in an acute care setting.
We would love you to join our team if you:
- Are a minimum of 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- An Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (preferred)
- Must obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
?We believe you succeed when you’re at your BEST!
- That’s why we have designed a very unique compensation package focused on your quality of life! Our generous benefits packages include:
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance403(b)
- 10 Paid Holidays, Generous Vacation & Sick Time
- Malpractice Insurance
- Licensure Reimbursement
- CME?Leave and Reimbursement
- Performance Incentives
- Pet Insurance