Direct Care Provider (DCP)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Direct Care Provider who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program, and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients teaching them pre-vocational skills and life skills. Leading both one-on-one and small group learning; no two days are the same. You will be a life coach helping our valued clients with nutritional meal planning, self-care, relaxation techniques, art and community outings.
We are currently looking for a full time Direct Care Provider for our Residential Program, working Saturday through Tuesday 10PM to 8AM.
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for clients in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the client.
- Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on call” as required.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelor’s degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
- Valid AZ Driver License
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE