Behavioral Health Technician - Autism Center of Excellence
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for experienced Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) who are driven to bring new meaning and enhanced quality of life to the daily experiences of our consumers.
In this position, you will provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services such as skills training, assessments, treatment implementation, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, data collection, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to those diagnosed with autism in a residential and/or outpatient environment. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing behavior modification plans to teach new methods of dealing with challenging behaviors, i.e., anger management, self-control, conflict-resolution skills and creating an environment that allows opportunities for independence. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 3:00 PM -11:00 PM
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to quality client care and effective treatment, demonstrating professional conduct in serving consumers.
- Engages in solution focused, strength based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards.
- Will receive supervision and take directions from BCBAs in the implementation of treatment
- Provides direct ABA Therapy
- Implements & collects data on teaching programs/behavioral interventions provided by Licensed Supervisor
- Communicating and updating supervisor on behavior changes that affects treatments decisions.
- Maintains and acquires technical knowledge by attending trainings, meetings, and seminars.
- Provide life-skills training, identifying alternatives to teach consumers to live independently.
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities.
- Assists consumers with community integration.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Documents services provided, according to SBH standards on a daily basis.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the consumer.
- Transports consumers as appropriate in SBH vehicle.
- Maintains expected level of productivity.
- May be required to implement therapeutic holds using PCMA procedures.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- An Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Completion of a Bachelor’ degree in the behavioral health field plus 120 hours of externship hours at a SB&H facility is acceptable.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).