Behavioral Health Professional Lead
Behavioral Health Professional Lead
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a BHP Lead to join our residential facilities at various locations in East Valley and Phoenix!
The Behavioral Health Professional is responsible for providing timely, evidence-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults, children and adolescents, including screening, assessment, treatment planning, individual, family, couples and group counseling, case management and crisis intervention. All services are guided by the Jason K. Principles and delivered according to guidelines set forth by the RBHA and ADHS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements treatment plans, clinical assessment criteria and programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of SMI adults.
- Conducts ongoing therapy with SMI adults within a brief therapy framework.
- Conducts home visits and case consultations as needed.
- Performs as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team in delivery of above services.
- Coordinates closely with clinical staff and staff from other providers.
- Provides case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff in areas of specialization and attends case staffing.
- Attends and actively participates in in-service training sessions, related training opportunities as made available, staff meetings, and agency committees.
- Accurately and appropriately documents client services provided according to the approved clinical standard rules, regulations and procedures of the agency.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week and meets SBH productivity requirements.
- Works with supervisor and/or Human Resources to develop and implement a Professional Development Plan.
- Assists with hiring, training, supervising, and directing new staff as needed.
- Monitors compliance with standards and requirements of programs.
- Provides clinical review and co-signature on assessments and service plans completed by BHT’s in accordance with ADHS guidelines.
- May be expected to drive a SBH vehicle to transport consumers, per the discretion of the clinic and/or program.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age,
- Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) and Licensed at the level by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners plus one (1) year of full-time behavioral health experience & Motor Vehicle clearance
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, State SMI check list, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possibly unstable, treatment resistant adult/adolescent/child of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI). To include one year of clinical supervision experience in a behavioral health setting
- Required to be available weekends, evenings, nights and holidays as scheduled to provide on call crisis intervention coverage.
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire as required per program requirements.
Job Reference #: 4454