Behavioral Health Paraprofessional / CNA
Behavioral Health Technician
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional / CNA
AZ - Kingman - Kingman Crisis Unit
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and over 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost -medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We currently have an opening for a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional to join our Kingman Crisis Recovery Unit! The ideal candidate will be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with experience in a behavioral health or medical setting seeing patients seeking services for mental health or substance abuse concerns. The Crisis Unit provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. Various full time shifts available, please ask about the generous shift differential for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts .
As a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional/CNA, you'll provide a variety of services to seriously mentally ill consumers in an inpatient setting on a one to one or group basis. This will include implementing individual service plan goals and objectives through teaching and reinforcing daily skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help clients with behavioral health and healthcare needs in an inpatient setting.
- Check vital signs as needed and communicate any noted medical concerns to Registered Nurse.
- Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit.
- Provide assessments of clients in crisis and assist in setting/reaching attainable goals.
- Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
- Work with significant others and integrate them in the treatment plan where appropriate.
- Assist in meal preparation as needed
- Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities.
- Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning.
- Provide information to clients on behavioral health and medical issues, and make appropriate referrals to SBH programs and/or other appropriate community agencies as needed.
- Coordinate client discharge with client’s treatment team, partnering with outside treatment teams where appropriate.
- Utilize verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques.
- Must participate and be able to physically apply restraint techniques to aggressive clients with team assistance.
- Must be able to withstand a high level of day-to-day stress in an acute care setting.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, a High School Diploma or G.E.D and Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Experience working in a behavioral health preferred.
- Valid AZ driver's license and 39 month MVR clearance is required.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred