Adult Care Coordinator
Behavioral Health Technician
Adult Care Coordinator
AZ-Bullhead City-Methadone Bullhead Outpatient Clinic
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and over 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for an Adult Care Coordinator at our Bullhead City Methadone Clinic. This is a full time 40 hour/week position, working between the clinics operating hours of M-F 8:00am-7pm.
The Care Coordinator functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide care coordination to a caseload of high needs adults and adults who are currently in out of home placement. This position will advocate for and supports the client, engages with community agencies/health care providers and others on his or her behalf to ensure access to services needed to increase wellness self-management and reduce emergency room visits and/or hospitalizations. Provides clinical support to the team by providing consultation, education, information around psychosocial and/or substance abuse conditions, interventions and resources to maintain focus on outcomes and best practices.
* Notifies shift supervisor of actual or potential challenges with consumers; i.e., non-compliance, decompensation, and crisis
* Provides face-to-face and telephone crisis intervention
* Completes crisis plans with clients
* Provides information to consumers and family members concerning community resources and linkages to other services
* Assists consumers and families in securing appointments with support services and agencies, as needed
* Arranges for transportation for consumers and family members for community services as needed
* Maintains effective communication with clients, primary care physicians, substance abuse and mental healthcare providers, family, collateral resources, and other agency staff on behalf of clients
* Works as a part of a Care Coordination team: attends and participates in team meetings to provide input/feedback around psychosocial conditions to review client status, update plans and goals and review outcomes to further program goals
* Acts as a resource/consultant to all team members on psychosocial and/or substance abuse issues and resources
* Acts as a linkage to community services including medical, behavioral, residential, and any other services per inter-disciplinary care plan
* Participates in the development/documentation/review and update of client centered comprehensive, integrated, interdisciplinary care plan in consultation with the Care Manager and other team members to ensure focus on desired outcomes
* Monitors overall service delivery to clients to ensure coordination and continuity: advocates with service providers/resources as needed
* Maintains required number of client contact hours per week
* Maintains the expected level of productivity
* Minimum requirement consists of a Bachelor’s degree with one year of full-time behavioral health experience
* Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon needs/requirements of the clinic
* Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines
* Obtain Certification in First Aid & CPR
* Finger printing and/or background check clearance
* Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with children of mixed ethnic groups
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred