Get to know us:
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is a large and growing non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We inspire people to feel better and live fuller lives. What we do at Southwest Behavioral and Health Services transforms not only lives, but generations.
As an Activity Specialist, you will assist members to be participants in their chosen communities in the fullest manner possible. The principles and practice of recovery are emphasized, so individuals are able to bring new meaning and an enhanced quality of life into their daily experience. Together, integration and recovery offer persons served greater opportunities to lead satisfying and productive lives.
- Performs direct service to residential clients including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for clients in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or other professional staff and/or case managers according to center-wide clinical standards.
- Participate in planning for department and job specific objectives and will be responsible to plan and implement specific program components as necessary.
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Provide assessments & crisis intervention
- Attend Facilitates Therapeutic Community meetings.
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates daily process and/or psychoeducational groups as assigned.
- Transports consumers as appropriate in SBH vehicle.
- Responsible for weekly one to one with client caseload
You may be asking yourself what’s in it for you?
Not only will you experience gain in the field of behavioral health but we love to promote from within! This will make put your career on the fast path. We offer you great low-cost medical insurance, 100% dental and vision. We are all looking to retire, and we offer the 403B retirement plan and you can contribute your portion starting on your first paycheck and receive a 40% match with 10% deferred, after 1 consecutive year of employment! Time off it important to support work life and balance you will earn up to 3.3 weeks of PTO!
We see you’re still interested, and now you’re wondering what do you need to qualify for this amazing opportunity!
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who emphasizes our Core Values of compassion, quality, empowerment, innovation and trust. We are looking for you to have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of two years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, minimum age requirement 21, 39 month driving record, and a passion to learn the behavioral health field.