Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are looking for an Activity Specialist to join our innovative Day Program at the Community Resilience Center. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
As an Activity Specialist, you'll provide the following services for seriously mentally ill consumers:
- Facilitate therapeutic groups designed to teach life skills, behavior management, and health and wellness activities
- Perform crisis intervention as necessary
- Develop strength-focused treatment plans congruent with recovery efforts
- Provide assessments and perform intake interviews as needed
- Be flexible and willing to accommodate unexpected program changes
- Be able to think critically in unexpected circumstances
- Become familiar with the Community Resilience Center policies and procedures and adhere to required training schedules with the CRC and SBH as a whole
- Have a desire to be part of a strong team within a diverse and fun community
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
- Associate’s degree and two years of full-time behavioral health experience. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same.
- Peer Certification preferred