Accounts Payable Technician-Part Time
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offere low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life coverage for employees.Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
Responsible for all payments of goods and services that are necessary, for the basic operation of the department & company as a whole.
Under the direction and guidance of the Accounting Manager, this Accounts Payable Technician will perform the following, but is not limited to:
- Maintains highest discretion in department and confidentiality.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions including:
- Matches invoices to receivers, POs, and contracts when applicable and research/resolve any variances.
- Verifies proper approvals on invoices.
- Verifies mathematical extensions on invoices.
- Verifies taxes are correct when applicable.
- Maintains/updates vendor files in systems for any changes including legal & remittance addresses, 1099 status, portal access, etc.
- Processes/distributes all forms of payments including checks/EFTs/CC/online payments and reports as required.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of the annual 1099 Forms.
- Assists in the annual audit.
- Follows procedures for rent, food and personal allowances processing.
- Maintains accurate Accounts Payable filing system.
- Promptly responds to vendor inquiries/requests.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires a three years’ experience with increasing responsibility in computerized bookkeeping or accounting, preferably in a behavioral health or hospital setting. Consideration will be given for college accounting studies in lieu of experience.
- Experience with Great Plains and DocLink preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.