Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking an Accountant to join our Finance Department! This position will be working Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Working as an Accountant, you will be responsible for all payments of goods and services that are necessary for the basic operation of the department & company as a whole. Receives general direction for specific projects and is required to work independently with minimal direction on daily operation.
- Maintains highest discretion in department and confidentiality.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions including:
- Matches invoices to receivers and POs when applicable.
- Verifies proper approval signatures on invoices and receivers.
- Verifies mathematical extensions on invoices.
- Verifies taxes are correct when applicable.
- Maintains/updates vendor files.
- Prints all checks and reports as required.
- Distributes signed checks.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of the annual 1099 Forms.
- Transmits the weekly Check Register to the bank.
- Pays prompt attention to telephone inquiries (i.e. vendor research).
- Assists in the annual audit.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable functions including:
- Obtains claims data and other information to accurately apply cash receipts.
- Posts cash receipts, electronic fund transfers and credit card payments on a timely basis as needed.
- Prepares weekly bank deposits or as needed.
- Generates journal entries for accruals, cash postings, and billing adjustments.
- Creates checks for the client accounts for rent, food and personal allowances
- Prepare accurate invoices for Probation, Pretrial and the HOPWA Food Program.
- Prints out the maintenance work orders for HOPWA billing every month.
- Keeps supervisor informed of identified problems.
- Adheres to assigned working hours and breaks.
- Associate's Degree plus 1-year experience, or High School Diploma plus 3 years direct experience, preferably in a behavioral health or hospital setting.
- Ability to work independently and have an excellent work ethic, taking ownership of tasks and processes.
- Ability to analyze operations and implement or recommend areas of improvement and/or automation.
- Experience with Great Plains software highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel.
Job Reference #: 4752