ABA Therapist/Behavior Coach
ABA Therapist/Behavior Coach
AZ-Phoenix-Metro Outpatient Clinic (O)
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking aABA Therapist/Behavior Coach to join our Metro Outpatient team.
As a Family Coach this position will serve as a central support for child and adolescent clients and their families. The position combines care collaboration functions and family skills development. In this position you will provide direct services in the home, school, office, or related community environment. Services will be provided to clients as directed by the Child and Family Teams, clinical teams, and client needs assessments. In accordance with the Arizona Vision for Children and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) principles and philosophy, this position will be responsible for creating and implementing behavior modification plans to teach new methods of dealing with challenging behaviors, i.e., anger management, self-control, and conflict-resolution skills. Interventions may be 1:1 and group based and may include family skills development in the home, school-based skills development, support and empowerment of the family unit in the problem-solving and clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Education, or related field. Masters degree welcome, preferred but not required.
- One – Two years direct experience working with children and families in a behavioral health setting.
- Bi-lingual highly preferred.
- Experience with the principles and approach of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) highly preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable
- Valid AZ driver’s license & Motor Vehicle clearance
- Certification in First Aid & CPR
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- May be required to be a part of on-call rotations to include nights and weekends (please ask)
- ABA experienced highly preferred or ABA Certified
- Must be Flexible to work nights and weekends
Job Reference #: 5002